Not in the Emirates, of course, but the approach of winter, and with it the holidays celebrated by everyone, is felt here too. We suggest you pay attention to a selection of our traditional Christmas and New Year recipes. Who knows, maybe they will let you surprise guests who are accustomed to the traditional set of Olivier and champagne ...
Shrimp Salad with Vegetables
A beautiful and tasty dish with vegetables - change them depending on the time of year.
For 4 servings:
- 60g fresh pea pods
- 60 g small carrots
- 60 g of small ears of young corn
- 60 g fresh mushrooms
- 175,250 g raw peeled tiger shrimp
- 1 tbsp. l salt
- 1/2 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. l starch
- About 300 ml of vegetable oil
- 1 feather of green onion, cut into short sticks
- 4 slices of ginger, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tbsp. l Sahara
- 1 tbsp. l light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. l Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- A few drops of sesame oil
- Cut the pea pods with a sharp knife, cut the carrots in the same slices as the peas, cut the corn and mushrooms in half.
- Mix the shrimp with a pinch of salt, egg white and starch, so that the shrimp is thoroughly coated with the mixture. Heat a wok pan for 2-3 minutes and add vegetable oil. Fry the shrimp, stirring so that they do not stick together. As soon as the shrimp changes color, get them with a slotted spoon.
- Drain all the butter, leaving only 1 tbsp in the wok. l Add vegetables and mushrooms, then add shrimp with ginger, sugar, soy sauce and wine or sherry, stirring.
- Sprinkle with sesame oil and serve hot, with lemon slices and chopped chives.
After a Christmas dinner, serve such a warming cocktail instead of coffee.
For 6 servings:
- 1 large egg, split proteins and yolks
- 50 g fine sugar
- 275 ml of fat milk
- 140 ml fat cream
- 150 ml brandy
- Grated nutmeg for decoration
- Beat the egg yolk with sugar in a bowl until smooth.
- Heat milk over low heat. Meanwhile, beat the protein, but not to a strong foam.
- Whip cream for 1 minute to slightly thicken. Gradually add the yolk to the milk, while constantly stirring with a whisk. Pour in the cream, then the protein. Remove from heat and add brandy. Pour into glasses, leaving foam on the surface.
- Put cut-out paper on the surface of the glass and sprinkle nutmeg on the drink. Serve with chocolate covered salted nuts.
They can become not only a unique treat, but also an excellent holiday gift
For 12 pieces:
- 110 g quality chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp. l double (fat) cream
- 2 tbsp. l Irish Cream Liqueur
- 25 g unsalted butter
- Finely grated dark chocolate
- Finely grated white chocolate
Note: When buying ingredients, choose chocolate with a high cocoa content - from 70%.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set in a pot of boiling water. Pour the cream into another pan and slowly heat almost to a boil, then mix with melted chocolate.
- Beating the mixture, add butter and cream liqueur to it. Refrigerate until hardened.
- Roll the mixture into balls and then roll in grated chocolate (to make truffles more like snowballs, then it is better to wear white).
Rack of lamb
Lamb marinated in yogurt, herbs and butter just melts in your mouth. Crispy crust of fragrant bread crumbs gives it a special presentable look and taste. Serve such a lamb with baked potatoes and vegetables.
For 6 servings:
- 600 ml plain yogurt
- 20 g fresh mint
- 20 g chopped dill
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp. l olive oil
- 2 x 8 bones of rack of a lamb
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- Put yogurt, mint, dill and garlic in a low bowl, season with salt and ground pepper and mix. Transfer a quarter of the mixture into another bowl, cover and refrigerate (later it can be used as a dip sauce).
- Add meat to the remaining yogurt and roll thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Put the square in the form so that the bones intersect, and bake for 20-30 minutes. Remove from the mold, put on the board, cover with foil and leave for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and fry the crumbs until golden. Season with salt and sprinkle with lamb. Serve immediately with dip sauce and a side dish of baked vegetables.
Happy New Year and Merry Christmas to you!